Average Living.
Is it still average? What's average?
Your one and only source to the average life of mine.

love,
kathleen

Friday, February 12, 2010

The return to reality

Today's the day. Today is officially the last day of my summer break. Today, I will be leaving the comfort of my home. Today, I will be on the plane off to Hobart.

This morning, I woke up at 5am. I beat the Sun to waking up. Early in the morning with my eyes still sleepy, we went to the market to do marketing and have breakfast. At least we beat the crowd to marketing and got everything that we would need.

By the time I got back, I went right back to bed and fell asleep. By the time I woke up looking for food, it's lunch time. By the time then, I felt that I should start to pack up my gear and get ready. So that's what I did.

Now, I'm hanging out in m favourite armchair, sitting around and watching television. Now, I have my laptop on my lap, blogging of course. Now, I'm still waiting for the right time to start making dinner.

Later, I would be in the kitchen hanging around, trying to help out for tonight's dinner. Later, I would then go pick grandma over for dinner. Later, I would be having reunion dinner with my family, a day in advance. Later then, I would be on my way to the airport after lighting some firecracker for Chinese New Year. Later, I would be boarding the plane. Later, I would be on the plane and sitting in my window seat. Later, I would realise that this is it, this is the end, this is the moment of returning to my life, to living, to working for and protecting the things I know I truely desire.

Tomorrow, I will find myself being rudely awoken by the stewardess telling me to put my seat upright and open the window shade to prepare for landing. Tomorrow, I will find myself having lunch without breakfast due to the time difference. Tomorrow, I will find myself hang out in Melbourne airport for 5 hours waiting for the next flight to Hobart. Tomorrow, I will find myself in the hostel, having my first hostel meal for the year. Tomorrow, I will find myself unpacking everything before falling soundly asleep, awaiting for another tomorrow.

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift. That's why it's called Present.
Till next summer break.

love,
kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment