Average Living.
Is it still average? What's average?
Your one and only source to the average life of mine.

love,
kathleen

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Mini Holiday

Essay submitted, mid semester exam results out. I did ok I guess, given that the paper is difficult.

Had my placement in the cardiothoracic pre assessment ward. It's good as expected. Got quizzed by the head nurse on the type of blood tests that is done.I know everything except BSL. How silly to know all the complicated things and not know Blood Sugar Level. I think I probably flushed when she told me what it is. Guess BSL just didn't connect to Blood sugar level then. Met the plumber (the surgeon calls himself a plumber with the heart being a pump and all) who is going to do the valve replacement. Just learnt that they tend to use cow valve for males and pig valve for females. That was interesting. Meet the gas man too. He just ask about allergy and stuff from previous experience. He also explain how they use head dots to monitor the function of the patient's brain to ensure that the patient stays asleep. Had 2 cups of chocolate during the talking from the physiotherapist, and heartbeat tasmania people. The chocolate was shouting 'DRINK ME!! DRINK ME!!" The result of not having breakfast before rushing for placement.

I just accumulate a stack of lecture that I have to review because of the exam and assigment and placement. Got to go do them. Meant to start yesterday but I fell asleep after chatting to my dad on the phone. I chat on phone on my bed. Didn't wake up till my brother came knocking and it was too late to do any work then. Seeing that I stayed two late nights in a row to review my essay, I'm better of sleeping then.

Up next: Rural week!!!

Yes !!! Something that resemble a holiday at last. Of course there is the planning to do, people to ring up, preparation and packing. But after all this assignments and exams, I really want Rural week. It's going to be great because my team is cool and we are going to Swansea which is cooler still.

Will be next week till I blog. No internet in our accomadation.

love,
kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment